BAE Systems Applied Technologies Inc., Rockville, Md., is being awarded a $62,184,430 cost-plus-fixed-fee, incentive-fee and award-fee, level of effort contract to provide for System Integration Support for the Trident I (C4) and Trident II (D5) Fleet Ballistic Missile Programs in implementing interface control programs and performing special technical investigations such as the following:
(1) modify and update system test procedures and plan for and participate in Strategic Weapon System testing during submarine overhaul, refit and backfit;
(2) perform configuration management and alteration control via documentation, drawings and technical manuals;
(3) provide logistics, engineering and material control support;
(4) provide planning and monitoring support in ensuring compliance with the U.S. Navy's portion of the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START); and
(5) provide maintenance support data system installation and support for the Strategic Weapon System, including materials.
The contract also contains effort for Tomahawk Land Attack Missile-Nuclear (TLAM-N) Support and Advanced Systems Studies. Work will be performed in Rockville, Md., and is expected to be completed by September 2005. Contract funds in the amount of $38,963,072 will expired at the end of the current fiscal year. The contract was not competitively procured.
The Navy's Strategic Systems Programs, Washington, D.C., is the contracting activity